Make your event stand out by bringing fine art to your guests - live.
For a unique and memorable addition to your event, invite John Folley to bring his easel and paint for your guests' enrichment and entertainment. John's presence is guaranteed to break the ice as you and your guests engage with the painting process and learn about John's Boston School approach! Just as a string quartet can provide elegant background music to a cocktail hour, let a real artist enhance the atmosphere in your venue.
John is very comfortable painting in company, either indoors or en plein air. He is also happy to engage questions and discussion from attendees as he works. Depending on the subject matter and the engagement of the crowd, he can complete a painting within a 3-5 hour span, so that your guests can actually see the progression of a fine oil painting and its completion by the time they depart!
This service is available for:
- Private parties and residential gatherings
- Corporate events and conferences
- Outdoor events (festivals, picnics, sport events)
- Auctions and fundraisers
Minimal set-up is required on your end. Provide a space approximately 4'x6.' John will bring his easel, paints, and all necessary equipment.
- Book a live portrait sitting! John can bring a model with him and paint a portrait over the course of your 3-5 hour event. Your guests will enjoy the experience of a face coming to life on a canvas and become more familiar with the portrait process. The model will require several 5-10-minute breaks during the process; otherwise John can keep progressing on his painting for the duration of the event.
- For outdoor events, John can paint a landscape, cityscape, or architectural scene to capture the setting. The painting can then be available for you or your guest to purchase upon completion. Example: John could be present at your wedding reception to capture the mountain view, and then you could keep the painting as a memento from your special day! Example: John could paint the garden and atmosphere as a reminder of your garden party!
- Book a themed painting session! John can work with you to envision a still life or scene from imagination that would embody your event. The painting would then be available for you or your guest to purchase upon completion. Example: For a corporate wine-tasting event, John could set up a still life with wine bottles, grapes, a basket, bread, and cheese. Example: For your Fairy Tale-themed gala, John could paint a fantastical scene including a dragon and a knight, from imagination. Example: For your wedding reception, John could paint a still life featuring your cake or one that features your floral arrangement.
Let us arrange for your needs.
John can be a feature and focus of your event, with a heavier emphasis on demonstration, education, and interpersonal engagement; or he can be a quiet side-show, providing a subtle, fascinating element to your day or evening which your guests are sure to talk about. We are happy to discuss different scenarios with you and make a plan that will fit the needs of your event and make the impact you are looking for! Space and lighting needs may change depending on your desired live painting setup.
- Single day/evening events, local (within an hour of central MA) (3-5 hours plus setup and take-down): $250-400
- Whole-day events, local (5-8 hours plus setup and take-down): $400-1000
- Multiple day events, local (e.g., weekend conferences) (2-3 8-hour days): $2500-3000
- John is available to work anywhere; travel costs apply
- Purchase of completed paintings is additional